Blasting Permits can be applied for from the Fire Marshal’s Office, located at 18 Wintonbury Avenue, between 9 am and 4 pm Monday thru Friday. A permit is required before any blasting can take place.
- Completion of the State of Connecticut Application to Purchase, Transport and Use Explosives.
- Map of the Blasting Site.
- Copy of valid Connecticut Blasters License.
- Copy of valid Blaster’s Liability Insurance.
- Permit Fee of $60. (Make checks out to the “Bloomfield Center Fire District”.)
- Permit is valid for one (1) month.
- Fire Marshal Inspection of the Blasting site.
- The blaster shall ensure that all provisions of the Connecticut Explosives Code are met.
- Blaster must notify the Dispatch Center at (860) 242-1779 each day prior to any blasting taking place.
- Warning signage is required and should be visible to any vehicular traffic in the area.